Aisha asked her husband Muhammad (pbuh), "How strong is your love for me?" He replied, " like a KNOT."
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.
Ramadan is a holy month in Muslim World. The rewards from Almighty Allah are great. Being a good spouse is an act of worship and the rewards are greatly increased .
Here is to make your married life strengthened and last forever by the grace of the omnipotent in the month of Ramadan, Inshallah!
1. PATIENCE/SABAR. Be patient with your spouse. Be more mindful of how you treat your significant others and know he/she is going through the same thing as you. So be nice to each other especially while you are fasting. Increase your patience. Seek refuge to Allah most of the time.
2. PRAY TOGETHER. Spend time praying or making Du’a (invocation or prayer) together. Join together in supplication because it will bring your hearts closer.
3. SUPPLICATION. Remember Allah and do Salawat (salutations)on the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It will calm your hearts.
4. MASJID. Encourage your husband to pray as many prayers of the day in the mosque including the Fard (obligatory) prayers and Salaat ut - tarawih (extra prayer). He will bring the Barakah (blessing) back into the house and you will receive the reward. Many times we expect them to stay home for Iftar (breaking fast) and dinner and miss Maghrib (sunset prayer) in the Masjid (place of worship). Push for him to break fast and pray Maghrib, then come home to eat dinner with you. Also, encourage him to go for Ithikaf (private devotion in masjid) during the last 10 days.
5. FOOD. The way to a man’s heart is definitely his stomach. Cook your husband’s favourite food or dish.
6. QUR’AN. Read the Qur’an and listen to Suratul Quran (verses from the Quran).
7. TAHAJJUD and SUHOOR. Wake up early and pray Tahajjud (night vigil prayer)together and enjoy Suhoor (predawn meal) together with the family.
8. QUALITY TIME. Reconnect and make time for each other. Intimacy among the couple is also an Ibadah (act of worship). Always remember your spouse as you remember the Almighty.
9. EXEMPLAR. Utilize this month for behavioral improvements and spiritual development.
10. ABSTINENCE. Abstain from doing wrong.